Uniform Dress Code 2017-2018
Varsity Lakes Middle School Uniform Dress Code
Shirts: Solid color, single brand logo, polo style collared shirts or Varsity Lakes t-shirts –
- Polo shirts can have no more than 2 buttons open.
- All shirts must be TUCKED IN AT ALL TIMES.
- Students are only allowed to wear a plain colored t-shirt/camisole/long sleeve shirt underneath the polo shirt.
- ALL-ONE-COLOR ATTIRE IS NOT ALLOWED. PANTS MUST BE A DIFFERENT COLOR FROM SHIRTS.
Pants/Shorts/Capri’s/Skirts: Acceptable colors –Navy, Khaki, Black & Brown
- Uniform bottoms must be worn at the waist, above the hip/pelvic bone and fit appropriately (no tight pants).
- All pants, skirts and shorts must have belt loops
- Length of skirts and shorts must be at or below the knee in the standing position.
- ALL-ONE-COLOR ATTIRE IS NOT ALLOWED. SHIRTS MUST BE A DIFFERENT COLOR FROM PANTS.
Belts: Belts must worn at all times
- Belt buckles should not display names, flags, have over-sized buckles or studs.
Jackets/Sweaters: NO HOODED JACKETS/SWEATERS can be wore at any time.
- Jackets/sweaters may be worn on cool days and must not be buttoned or zipped up. The jacket/sweater must be worn with a shirt that meets dress code requirements.
-May not be wore at the waist or have any graphics.
Footwear: Closed toe shoes, no higher than the ankle
-No sandal, slipper-type shoes or beach-type shoes, including shoes made out of mesh or plastic, and no “Croc” style shoes, high heels, or wedges are allowed.
-Only one pair of socks showing (may be multicolored)
Backpacks: Students are encouraged to rent a locker to store their backpacks/backpack purses.
- Backpacks/Backpack purses will not be allowed in the classrooms.
- No purses or handbags larger than 8X8 in.
-Drawstring bags are allowed and encouraged for dress out clothes as students may ONLY go to lockers before and after school, not between classes.
- Adornments that, in the principal’s judgement, could cause injury, be a safety risk, or cause a disruption to the school environment may not be worn. Examples of prohibited adornments include, but are not limited to, hops or rings attached to the nose, eyebrows, cheeks or lips.
-Any method of public display (including clothing, nail polish, and other items that may be worn or carried) of an organization affiliated with controversial, obscene or illegal activities on a person, may not be worn, if in the principal’s judgement, they may cause a substantial disruption to the school environment.
- Apparel, emblems, insignias, badges, or symbols that promote the use of alcohol, drugs tobacco, or any other illegal activity are prohibited.
- Apparel or symbols which may be gang-related may not be displayed on a student’s person or in a student’s possession.
- Hair coloring or style that may cause a substantial disruption to the educational environment, as determined by the principal, is prohibited.
- Jeans, Denim of any Color, Cargo shorts/pants, Carpenter pants, Low rise bottoms, Hip hugger bottoms, Clothing that drags on the ground (ex. pant legs), Torn clothing, Extra zippers, Extra pockets, Ties and/or strings, Non-functional buttons, Grommets, Ornamental stitching, Lycra, Spandex, Stretch fabrics, Corduroy, Ribbons, Ruffles, Bows, Slits on the pants legs and Tied waist bands is prohibited.
- The wearing of hats, caps, headgear (including hoodies) or sunglasses, except in conjunction with designated school- approved uniforms or authorized athletic practices or activities, is prohibited. There may be certain exceptions for medical conditions and physical education classes held outside. The principal will determine these exceptions.
* ALL OTHER DRESS CODE REQUIREMENTS ALREADY IN THE STUDENT HANDBOOK AND ALIGNED WITH THE LEE COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT.
*The principal and staff will designate special event days and provide the students with information on how
the dress code may be altered for those days.