Uniform Dress Code 2016-2017
Varsity Lakes Middle School Uniform Dress Code
Shirts:: Solid color, polo style collared shirts or Varsity Lakes t-shirts –
- Polo shirts must have a maximum of 3 buttons (not cap sleeve).
- All shirts must be tucked in and fit appropriately.
- A single brand logo (approximately the size of a quarter) may appear on the shirt’s chest
or sleeve area.
- Students are only allowed to wear a plain white t-shirt/camisole/long sleeve shirt underneath the polo shirt.
Pants/Shorts/Capri’s/Skirts: Acceptable colors –Navy, Khaki, & Brown
- All uniform bottoms must be a solid color listed above.
- Uniform bottoms must be worn at the waist, above the hip/pelvic bone.
- Uniform bottoms must fit appropriately (No tight pants).
- All pants, skirts and shorts must have belt loops; length of skirts and shorts must be
at or below the knee in the standing position.
- ALL ONE COLOR ATTIRE IS NOT ALLOWED. SHIRTS MUST BE A DIFFERENT COLOR FROM PANTS.
The following items may not be worn:
- Jeans, Denim of any Color, Cargo shorts/pants, Carpenter pants Low rise bottoms, Hip hugger bottoms, Clothing that drags on the ground (ex. pant legs), Torn clothing, Extra zippers, Extra pockets, Ties and/or strings, Non-functional buttons, Grommets, Ornamental stitching, Lycra, Spandex, Stretch fabrics, Corduroy, Ribbons, Ruffles, Bows, Slits on the pants legs and Tied waist bands.
Belts: Belts must worn at all times
- Belt buckles should not display names, logos, flags, or other emblems.
- Belts must be plain, solid color, and unadorned (no studs or grommets).
- Over-sized buckles are prohibited.
Jackets/Sweaters: Plain solid color
- Jackets/sweaters may be worn on cool days and must not be buttoned or zipped up. The jacket/sweater must be worn with a shirt that meets dress code requirements and cannot be tied around the waist. Pullover sweaters, Pullover jackets, Pullover sweatshirts, hooded sweatshirts/jackets, Jean jackets, and vests are not allowed.
Footwear: Closed toe shoes
-No sandal, slipper-type shoes or beach-type shoes, including shoes made out of mesh or plastic, and no “Croc” style shoes are allowed
-No high heels or wedges
-Only one pair of socks showing (may be multicolored)
Misc.: Bandanas/designs in eyebrows or hair, are not allowed (single line is allowed in hair/exaggerated hairline)
- Hats, caps, headgear, gloves and sunglasses are NOT permitted in the
building. There may be exceptions for medical conditions (with a doctor’s note) and/or
physical education classes being held outside which permit sunglasses and hats.
The administration will determine these exceptions.
- Any necklace should be worn under the shirt
- No purses or handbags larger than 8X8 in.
- Hair must be a natural color
- Hair style and accessories that may cause a disruption to the educational environment are prohibited
- Earrings must be no bigger than quarter size
- No medically unnecessary accessories
Backpacks: Students must rent a locker to store their backpacks/backpack purses.
Backpacks/Back purses will not be allowed in the classrooms.
* ALL OTHER DRESS CODE REQUIREMENTS ALREADY IN THE STUDENT HANDBOOK AND ALIGNED WITH THE
LEE COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT.
*The principal and staff will designate special event days and provide the students with information on how
the dress code may be altered for those days.
*All uniform dress code issues not addressed above will be subject to administrative discretion.
1st Dress code Violation = Citation/Warning (Student receives the white copy for parent contact)
2nd Dress code Violation = 2nd Citation/Warning (Student receives the white copy for parent contact
3rd Dress code Violation = 3rd Citation/Warning and student will receive a morning or afternoon detention