Welcome Back Varsity Scholars!
2017-2018 OPEN HOUSE
Saturday, August 5, 2017
Dear Lightning Community:
I hope you are enjoying a restful and peaceful summer break! I would like to take this opportunity to greet and assist you in preparing for the 2017-18 school year. Together with a great team of faculty and staff, we will continue the traditions of our community atmosphere while making every effort to ensure the success of our students.
As most of you are aware, the student day at Varsity Lakes Middle School (VLMS) is slated to run from 9:45am – 4:00pm. Also, please be aware that school officially begins on Thursday, August 10th. As a friendly reminder, Varsity Lakes Middle School is a uniform school which requires students to be dressed in proper attire. Please see the back of this letter for more information on the required uniform dress code.
An open house will be held on Saturday, August 5th from 9:00am – 12:00pm. This is an opportunity to find out more information about all of the wonderful clubs and activities available at VLMS, as well as walk the building, attend the Annual Title I meeting, and meet your child’s teachers for the 2017-2018 school year. In addition, students will have the opportunity to purchase locks for locker assignment and get information regarding bus transportation and routes. Finally, students will be able to purchase VLMS attire for Physical Education class as well as VLMS T-shirts and polo shirts. Students should first report to the cafeteria to complete paperwork and receive a tentative schedule.
Once school begins, please log on to our website at vlm.leeschools.net for important information on interim dates, activities, staff email addresses/contact information, School Advisory Council (SAC) dates and much more. A quarterly newsletter will be sent to Lightning families including updates of accomplishments and endeavors. The ParentLink system provides enhancements which allow you to check on grades and attendance 24 hours a day by phone or online. Information on using the system will be available at the open house, in all newsletters, and on our website.
If you have any questions and/or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me. I look forward to a stellar school year and continuing to grow as a school and a community. Enjoy the rest of your summer break.
Matthew Mederios, Ed.D.
*IMPORTANT FORMS TO BE COMPLETED AND TURNED IN PRIOR TO RECEIVING STUDENT'S SCHEDULE
1. Student Health Information Card (English or Spanish)
2. Secondary Directory Information (English or Spanish
3. CODE OF CONDUCT - COMPLETE PAGE 8
LIGHTNING CARE (MORNING PROGRAM) FORM
- FY18 Final English Student Health Information Card Parent Copy VLMS rev.pdf (487.3 KBs)
- FY18 Final Spanish Student Health Information Card .pdf (665.5 KBs)
- Secondary Directory Informationwith Border 6.25.15 VLMS rev.pdf (191.3 KBs)
- Secondary Spanish Directory Information.pdf (706.1 KBs)
- Code-of-conduct-secondary-17-18---english.pdf (4.3 MBs)
- Code-of-conduct-secondary-17-18---spanish.pdf (4.0 MBs)
- Code-of-conduct-secondary-17-18---creole.pdf (4.8 MBs)
- VLMS Dress Code 1718.pdf (85.0 KBs)
- Morning program letter 2017-18.pdf (150.7 KBs)